Us News

Israeli Prime Minister’s Office denies report that Hamas forwarded list of hostages after forwarding agreement

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office has denied reports that Hamas has forwarded a list of hostages to be released in a potential ceasefire on Sunday.

Reuters reported earlier on Sunday that Hamas had approved a list of 34 hostages it might be willing to release in exchange for a ceasefire. Hamas officials said the agreement was conditional on Israel reaching an agreement to withdraw its troops from Gaza and implement a permanent ceasefire.

“Contrary to claims, Hamas did not forward the list of hostages until this moment,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement.

The statement came days after Netanyahu was discharged from the hospital on Thursday following prostate surgery.

Netanyahu defies doctor’s orders, appears in Knesset after surgery

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks at a press conference in Jerusalem. (OHAD ZWIGENBERG/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

Netanyahu, 75, was in good condition and fully conscious after the surgery, his office said. prostate surgery.

The Israeli leader has undergone numerous health checks over the past two years. March, Netanyahu Had hernia surgery Under general anesthesia, Deputy Prime Minister Yariv Levin temporarily stepped in during the process.

Benjamin Netanyahu

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu voted in the Knesset one day after a serious move. (Jov Dudkevich/TPS-IL)

Months before the October 7 attack, Netanyahu dehydration And was admitted to the hospital in July 2023.

A week after being hospitalized for dehydration, Netanyahu’s doctors implanted a pacemaker to regulate his body his heart rate and rhythm.

Netanyahu’s latest move comes as the 75-year-old politician Continue to testify in the corruption case against him in Israel. He took the stand in early December and is expected to continue testifying in the new year.

Benjamin Netanyahu

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met at Mount Hermon on Tuesday with Defense Minister Israel Katz, Chief of Staff Lt. Col. Herzi Halevi, Northern Command Commander Maj. Gen. Uri Goldin and Shin Bet Chief Ronan Barr holds meeting. (Israel Defense Forces)

Click here to get the Fox News app

Netanyahu also currently leads the Israel Defense Forces on multiple fronts middle Eastcontinues to target Iranian terrorists and their proxies.

Yonat Friling contributed to this report.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
×