The Crown bosses deny they are ‘struggling’ to cast Prince Andrew after advertising role online

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

The creators of The Crown have denied reports that they are "struggling" to find an actor to play Prince Andrew in the show's upcoming fifth season.

The next instalment of Netflix's royal drama will see all characters recast due to a time jump, with actors already secured for Princess Diana and The Queen.

Imelda Staunton will replace Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II, whilst Australia actress Elizabeth Debicki will be taking over from Emma Corrin in the role as Diana.

An actor is yet to sign up to play The Queen's son Prince Andrew, 61, with it being reported bosses were struggling to find somebody to play the Duke of York due to negative press he has received in recent months.

  • Prince Andrew in security scare as woman 'posing as his fiancée' is 'wrongly let into Royal Lodge by security'

  • Sarah Ferguson loves how she was portrayed on The Crown – but other royals 'aren't impressed'

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

Andrew stepped back from royal duties in 2019 after a controversial interview on Newsnight in which he discussed his friendship with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Metro reported that the team behind The Crown has placed an advert for the role of the Duke on Spotlight, a database of young actors' CVs and jobs.

But a spokesperson for the show has since denied the public ad meaning they were having trouble casting.


They told the publication: "There is absolutely no struggle to cast any role for season five of The Crown and it is normal practice for productions to advertise in Spotlight."

No stranger to drama, Andrew was last week the subject of a security scare as a woman "posing as his fiancée" was "wrongly let into Royal Lodge by security."

Security guards are alleged to have paid for the woman's taxi fare after she turned up at Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park, claiming to have a lunch appointment with the Duke of York, who she later said she was engaged to.

According to The Sun, the intruder spent around 20 minutes walking around the gardens before going into the building where Andrew was at home at the time.

  • Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

She was held in the lobby after asking a member of staff where he was, when the police were called.

Giving her name as Irene Windsor, she sensationally claimed that she was engaged to the Queen's son, and had travelled from Spain to marry him before being arrested on suspicion of burglary and sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

It is believed that she landed in the UK whilst grieving Andrew was at his father's funeral, and walked through the gates of Royal Lodge just 48 hours later.

The Royal Family

  • Prince William and Kate Middleton st…
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle join …
  • Kate Middleton steps out in chic cou…
  • The Queen puts on a brave face as sh…
  • The Crown's Gillian Anderson uses this £7.99 lotion for her youthful, smooth skin

  • Prince Charles’ friends slam The Crown and accuse Netflix show of ‘trolling on a Hollywood budget’

Thames Valley Police told OK! online: "Thames Valley Police were called to the Royal Lodge at Windsor Great Park on Monday morning to reports of a female trespasser.

"The woman, aged 43, was intercepted and arrested. She was subsequently de-arrested and has been sectioned under Section 136 of the Mental Health Act.

"The investigation into the incident continues, but there was no risk to any individual on the site. Due to the female being sectioned, we will not be commenting further at this time."

Source: Read Full Article