BBC Breakfasts Naga Munchetty forced to abruptly leave show on medical grounds

BBC Breakfast host Naga Munchetty was forced to leave the morning show on medical grounds.

On Friday's episode (November 18), Naga left the programme half an hour into the show and left Charlie Stayt to present on his own.

Naga left the sofa after suffering from a bad throat and left her co-star to explain where she had gone.

READ MORE: BBC Breakfast's Victoria Valentine 'poked Orlando Bloom with baguette' in cringe encounter

The host sounded like she could have lost her voice as it had been hard to hear this morning on the episode.

Charlie then told BBC viewers that she was just "stepping off" due to her voice and wasn't sure what would happen next.

BBC viewers had already pointed out Naga's issue on social media as she became increasingly difficult to hear throughout the initial segment of the show.

One fan demanded: "Somebody give Naga a Strepsil."

Another added: "Oooh Naga you poor thing. Hope your lovely voice recovers soon."

A third added: "I hope Charlie is on double pay today."

It is not been confirmed whether Naga will return to the sofa this morning or if Charlie will be left to hold the fort for the remained of the breakfast programme.

This comes after BBC Breakfast's the presenting pair were interrupted during a discussion by someone repeatedly coughing off-camera.

On Thursday (November 17), fans were quick to point out that someone had "Covid cough" in the studio.

Distracted fans took to social media to point out the mishap after hearing someone repeatedly cough.

One BBC Breakfast said: "A lot of covid coughs going on this morning..Including the local news… Are we still ignoring this winter's wave?"

The disturbance in the BBC studio took place when the hosts were talking to a barrister called Christian Weaver.

Christian had been working on behalf of Awaab Ishak's family, a toddler who lost life in 2020.

Awaab passed away shortly after his second birthday in December 2020 after suffering the effects of his mould-infested home.

His family were living on an estate in Rochdale at the time and were unfortunately exposed to "extensive" mould for "considerable time" which lead to Awaab's death.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.


  • BBC Breakfast's Naga Munchetty branded 'utterly divine' after sharing sweaty snap

  • Frustrated Charlie Stayt tells MP 'keep concentrated' as BBC Breakfast row turns tense

  • BBC's Victoria Valentine home nightmare as driveway floods and microwave explodes

Source: Read Full Article