FATHER'S Day is all about celebrating and highlighting the importance of father figures in our life.
Looking for some inspiration for fun and meaningful activities to do on the big day? We've got your back. Here are the best things to do for Father's Day in 2021.
Father's Day falls on June 20 this year, and although it might seem like ages away it always pays to be organised to make the most of the day.
Especially when it comes to organising a celebration: with the lockdown restrictions lifting, spaces for restaurants and pubs are quickly filling up.
The best Father's Day activities will be all about his interests, and things he enjoys doing the most.
If your dad loves spending time outdoors, you can organise a hiking or a walking family trip.
More of an indoor type? Why not try an at-home wine tasting experience, followed by a delicious meal.
If you can't celebrate Father's Day on the day itself, get a voucher for more convenient time.
If you're looking for some activity inspiration for Father's Day here are some great ideas:
1. Visit his favourite pub
With beer gardens opening their doors to thirsty Brits, you can surprise your dad with a trip to his favourite place.
We'd suggest making your booking now as pubs claim their spaces are quickly filling up.
You can also make a pub crawl: map out nearby pubs, decide how much time you'll spend at one place, and enjoy your adventure!
You can use TripAdvisor for some pub inspiration.
2. Organise a bake-off
- The Great British Bake Off, £13.74 from Amazon – buy here
- Morfakit Complete Cake Baking Set Baking Tools, £75.99 – buy here
Nothing brings people closer than a good old-fashion bake-off.
You'll need to take care of tools, recipes and organise the space in advance, so everything runs as smooth as butter.
3. Fulfil dad's bucket list together
- 100 Things To Do With Dad, £12.99 from Not On The High Street – buy here
Probably everyone has a list of grand things they want to do in their life, and a special occasion – such as Father's Day – could be a great opportunity to fulfil those aspirations.
Not sure about what's on your dad's wish list? You can start by gifting the 100 things to do with dad poster for some activities inspiration.
4. Organise an explorational walk
- Merrell Mens Moab 2 GTX Shoe, £120 from Cotswold Outdoors – buy here
- Columbia Men's Redmond III Waterproof Boot, £80 from Cotswold Outdoors – buy here
- Jack Wolfskin Mens Desert Wind Jacket, £85 from Cotswold Outdoors – buy here
Tired of walking? Make it fun!
You can become a historic tour guide and give the most informative walk your dad has ever experienced; great if he loves finding out about the past.
Nature lover? Even better: choose a walking path full of blooming flora.
If you're looking for a gift idea for your walker dad, a good pair of walking shoes might be a good one.
5. Organise a Formula Silverstone drive
- Formula Silverstone Single Seater Thrill, £99 from Virgin Experience Days – buy here
If your dad is a petrolhead, you can make this Father's Day a memorable one by organising a driving session.
You may struggle to find a better track than the real Formula 1 circuit at Silverstone.
With this Virgin Experience Days voucher, your dad would get 15 minutes driving on Silverstone’s Stowe Circuit following a pace car for a couple of laps before setting his own.
6. Do a treasure hunt
- The Great UK Outdoor Treasure Hunt for Four, £49 from Virgin Experience Days – buy here
A treasure hunt can be an exciting adventure for the whole family.
If you don't want to make the hunt yourself, there are some great ready-made options like this one from Virgin Experience Days.
Available at 52 locations UK-wide, the treasure hunt can be done all year round at any start time of your choice.
It's also a good option if you're not planning to celebrate Father's Day on the day itself.
7. Do a beer tasting
- Beer Master Class and Gourmet Burger for Two at Brewhouse and Kitchen, £70 from Buy A Gift – buy here
If your dad loves beer, you can organise a beer tasting session to celebrate this Father's Day.
Buy A Gift offers a Beer Master Class and Gourmet Burger for Two at Brewhouse and Kitchen, available at 23 UK locations.
With the experience – as you've probably guessed from the name – you and your dad will get a beer tasting session including eight different beers and a choice of a Gourmet Burger meal from the menu.
On a budget? You can simply create a beer tasting experience by yourself: pour your chosen beers into glasses and make your dad guess what he's tasting.
Just make sure not to forget the sequence of drinks yourself!
8. Learn to cook Italian food
- Two Hour Pasta and Italian Dishes Masterclass for Two at Ann's Smart School of Cookery, £79 from Buy A Gift – buy here
If the Italian kitchen is your dad's favourite, you can book a pasta-making masterclass to create an unforgettable experience.
The two hour masterclass at Ann's Smart School of Cookery will teach you and your dad how to make traditional Italian dishes, including fresh spinach and ricotta cannelloni.
The masterclass is available at three locations in England.
9. Organise a Sunday Roast
- Sunday Roast for Four at a Gordon Ramsay Restaurant, £100 from Virgin Experience Days – buy here
Nothing can beat a classic Sunday Roast.
If you don't want to make it yourself, you can book one in as your Father's Day treat.
Available at eight locations UK wide, Virgin Experience Days offers a great Sunday Roast package at a Gordon Ramsay Restaurant, for £100 for four people.
10. Organise a favourite movie marathon
- Butterkist Microwave Salted Popcorn, £2 from Tesco – buy here
- Mini Projector with projector screen, £99.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Warm Blanket, £16.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Pick n Mix 1KG Sweets, £12.99 from Amazon – buy here
If you're keen to create a cosy evening for your dad this Father's Day, you can simply organise a favourite movie marathon.
We'd suggest getting a projector, popping plenty of popcorn and finding movies to watch in advance, to create a hassle-free evening.
Did someone say Lord of The Rings extended versions with director's cuts?
11. Recall the best memories
- Photo Books, from Papier – find the range here
Father's Day can be a great opportunity to walk through memory lane and recall the best experiences together.
You can create an album (which also makes a great Father's Day gift) filled with all the things you want to remember with your dad.
12. Create his family tree
If you're looking for some Father's Day activities ideas, you can create your dad's family tree.
It's a great way to discover your own family, and at the same time find out more about yourself.
You can find some online tools helping you to create a family tree, or you can try to do by yourself.
Check out Ancestry which can help you to find generations of your family and their stories.
13. Visit his favourite museum
If you've got a dad who's crazy about something, paying a visit to that particular museum might create a great Father's Day experience.
Additionally, if that museum is located in another town, it can be a great road trip.
Here's the list of the 10 best museums in the UK, according to Tripadvisor.
14. Paint something together
- Meeden 22-Pcs Acrylic Painting Set, £29.95 from Amazon – buy here
- Artina Painting Set Milano, £49.99 from Amazon – buy here
Looking to do something creative with your dad this Father's Day? You can try painting.
It won't take much preparation apart from getting the right tools.
Painting can be a very relaxing and bonding experience: play his favourites tunes in the background and sort out some drinks in advance, to make it extra special.
15. Build Lego
- Star Wars Darth Vader Helmet, £59.99 from Game – pre-order here
- Star Wars Imperial Shuttle, £69.99 from Game – buy here
- Super Mario Fortress, £32.99 from Game – buy here
- Technic Ferrari, £169.99 from Game – buy here
Your dad loves construction, or just Lego? Feel a bit nostalgic about the past? You can both build Lego creations.
There's an array of choices: from Star Wars collections to Super Mario collectibles, there's something for everyone.
When is Father’s Day 2021 and why does the date change each year?
If you're looking for Father's Day gift ideas, here are some great options to choose from.
You can find more Father's Day content here.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article