Max Emerson and Andres Camilo split after losing home in LA fire

influencer Max Emerson and fiancé Andres Camilo They lost their home in the Los Angeles wildfires, a tragedy that led to the end of their nearly decade-long relationship.
“After nine years together, we have decided to separate,” Emerson and Camilo said in a joint statement on Instagram on Monday, January 13, along with a series of photos from their relationship. “The fire that took our home brought clarity and simplicity to this decision, hastening it. We had begun to explore different paths – and this tragedy was becoming the catalyst for a complete break.
The pair explained that they had realized it was “time” to move on with their lives “as individuals” but noted that they did not regret the years they spent together.
“Our time together was not wasted,” they continued. “We still love each other fully, deeply, and unconditionally. This love does not end; it continues to evolve. We part ways with respect and gratitude to continue building on all that we have learned.
Emerson and Camilo revealed earlier this week that their home was one of the homes lost in the wildfires, which began raging in Los Angeles on January 7 when high winds caused brush fires to quickly spread across the Pacific Ocean Palisades and surrounding communities.
At the time, Emerson and Camilo revealed on Instagram that their “entire” neighborhood was nearly “burned to the ground,” but clarified that it was safe for them to work in Utah.
“We’re so grateful to be in a place where we feel safe now,” Emerson said in the Jan. 10 video. “We feel so lost for what’s going on in our home, what our neighbors are going through,” Camilo added. “All the people who have been displaced. people.
While Emerson said they are “all grieving for our planet right now,” Camilo noted that they are also grieving the loss of all of their personal belongings, which included “art,” “photos,” and other “treasured possessions.”
“We are filled with gratitude and a deep sense of loss,” Emerson wrote in the post, promising to share more information in the coming days because “there is so much to consider right now.”
On January 11, Emerson returned to Instagram and shared a video of the pair’s home on fire, as well as a series of photos of happier times. He revealed that he and Camilo “completely restored” the house and “hoped to start our family there”.
“Words cannot fully express the grief we feel over all we have lost in less than twenty-four hours,” he wrote in the post. “While some of our dreams have been put on hold, we remain optimistic and excited about the future… This All because of the tsunami of love and support we’ve received from our family, friends, and community. It’s all been overwhelming, so please be patient if we don’t communicate well over the next few weeks. You are always there for us.
Emerson ended the post with a shout-out to their neighbors who “did everything they could to save our home.”